[SOLVED] What gpu for G3610 Ipisb-vr

Kristomani

Reputable
Dec 12, 2019
I have an old G3610 with Acer Ipisb-vr motherboard with a i5-3450 3.10 MHz cpu, 16 GB ram and a gtx 660 TI OC gpu which I change from the original Geforce GT545 3gb ddr3 gpu.
PSU is FSP Group max 450w/peak 500w.
Bios is P03-A3 18.04.12

Additional information: The moterbord is the same for
-Acer M3970 (and the same BIOS).
-Gateway DX4860
-Possibly others too.

I want to upgrade to a 4gb gpu, but I am uncertain of what gpu to get. Interested in hearing with others of what gpu they got for this prebuilt Acer predator.
Any ideas for cpu, thinking about the i7-3770, if anyone know if my rig support it, I will be grateful for feedback 👍

Last edited:
Solution
A 3450 will pair well enough with most GPUs up to RX570-580 territory in most cases.

Being an Acer board, you may have BIOS compatibility issues, so I'd try to find reports online of people confirming X GPU works with the board before proceeding.

PSU will probably need replaced, depending on the GPU you go with... Can't find too much on the 12V spec's for that PSU.

For the CPU, I would start with a GPU upgrade and see how you get on. A 3770 would be a nice upgrade on paper, but they tend to be relatively expensive given the age. If you can net solid performance with only the GPU (and PSU) upgrade, then I wouldn't bother with upgrading the CPU at this time. Just my $.02

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
A 3450 will pair well enough with most GPUs up to RX570-580 territory in most cases.

Being an Acer board, you may have BIOS compatibility issues, so I'd try to find reports online of people confirming X GPU works with the board before proceeding.

PSU will probably need replaced, depending on the GPU you go with... Can't find too much on the 12V spec's for that PSU.

For the CPU, I would start with a GPU upgrade and see how you get on. A 3770 would be a nice upgrade on paper, but they tend to be relatively expensive given the age. If you can net solid performance with only the GPU (and PSU) upgrade, then I wouldn't bother with upgrading the CPU at this time. Just my $.02

Reactions: Kristomani
Solution

Kristomani

Reputable
Dec 12, 2019

Thanks!
I`ve already "lurked" at the 3770 and also the 3770T / 3770K, but its a little over my budget, so I consentrate on the GPU for now (and considering a new PSU) My PSU has two 6-pin connectors wich is in use by the GTX 660 TI, if that helps.