[SOLVED] What GPU for Viewsonic XG2760?

ClapTrapper

Reputable
May 25, 2020
I got a good deal on the Viewsonic XG2760. What would be a good video card match in the $200-$300 price range? I'm not really a big gamer,but would like toplay at 1440 and high frame rates.

Solution
What country are you shopping in?

What's your timeframe for purchase? Nvidia is reportedly launching their RTX3000 GPUs on September 1. That initial launch probably wont include $300 SKUs (likely to come a few months later) but it could drive pricing down on the $300 market...
What country are you shopping in?

What's your timeframe for purchase? Nvidia is reportedly launching their RTX3000 GPUs on September 1. That initial launch probably wont include $300 SKUs (likely to come a few months later) but it could drive pricing down on the $300 market...

Solution

ClapTrapper

Reputable
May 25, 2020
Your right. I know the new GPUs are coming soon,and the new Ryzen CPUs are suppose to be in October. I know I should wait for my build,but I'm itching.
I figured I could work out what graphics card I want and if I see a deal,buy it and put in in my refub I just got (HP Workstation Z240 Tower, Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM). The power supply may be too weak (I think it is like a 400 watt-actually good for that refurb!),but it is just temporary.

The system I am waiting for (after new vid card and cpu releases-and hopefully price drops on older stuff) is a Ryzen 7 (or hopefully Ryzen 9-if price drops on current Ryzen 9s) and graphics card that can take advantage of the Viewsonic 1440 monitor.
Actually my next build will be more geared towards compiles,video editing,and finally gaming (FPS-specifically Red Dead Redemption 2).

BTW-All American! ;)