what gpu should i buy

csgokoko

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017
hello guys im buying new gpu i have around 300 usd
so i was thinkig about gigabyte 1060 gtx g1 gaming 6gb is that the best choice ? or theres cards can run better with this avg price

Solution
Looks good.

If you want a new PSU, I recommend the Corsair CX 550M (gray one). Modern cards don't need anything more, and the CX M series offers very good quality at a budget price, and also have black cables.

I would recommend getting an Rx 480 instead of a GTX 1060. Coming from a GTX 650 I can see why you may be leaning towards going with Nvidia again, but the current reality is that the Rx 480 and GTX 1060 are practically matched in most scenarios (this includes cases where the Rx 480 gets the upper hand). Overall, both cards would give you a really great experience, however AMD has some advantages like Freesync not carrying a minimum $100 premium, and historically AMD cores have held up much better than their Nvidia...

csgokoko

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017

CPU : Intel core i5 3340 3.1ghz
GPU now : evga gtx 650 2gb superclocked
RAM : 8gb kingston
PSU and Case depending on what gpu i will get

Looks good.

If you want a new PSU, I recommend the Corsair CX 550M (gray one). Modern cards don't need anything more, and the CX M series offers very good quality at a budget price, and also have black cables.

I would recommend getting an Rx 480 instead of a GTX 1060. Coming from a GTX 650 I can see why you may be leaning towards going with Nvidia again, but the current reality is that the Rx 480 and GTX 1060 are practically matched in most scenarios (this includes cases where the Rx 480 gets the upper hand). Overall, both cards would give you a really great experience, however AMD has some advantages like Freesync not carrying a minimum $100 premium, and historically AMD cores have held up much better than their Nvidia counterparts (one example of this is the R9 290X and the GTX 780 which were competitors back in 2014, but the R9 290X can still keep up fairly well with more modern hardware). Generally the reason for this is that Nvidia focuses more on providing good drivers for the current generation of GPUs, with older ones not benefiting or even sometimes losing performance because the newer drivers just aren't built for the older architecture.

In summary, both cards would give you a really good experience now, but the Rx 480 might be a better investment in the long term.

Solution

csgokoko

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017

im talking about gtx 1060 g1 by gigabyte
not the regular one
20160712192318_big.png

csgokoko

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017

whats the difference

AIB models usually have much better coolers on them, which translates to quieter operation, improved aesthetics, and obviously better performance (although not by a huge margin). They also often use better electronic components on the boards, which can further improve performance by allowing the card to sustain stable higher power draw from the GPU. Nvidia has inexplicably decided to price their stock model at a much higher price than many AIB models, so they can also come at lower cost.

TRENDING THREADS