[SOLVED] What Gpu Should i get for my 240W Psu?

Solution
You will have a struggle with that, since that PSU is such a low rating. The other part is, do you have any GPU PSU cables? That will limit what you can put in, since the GTX 1650 have external power connections. Most GTX 1050s dont, so you could possibly use one. That being said, I have a friend who has a similar system, an i5-3470, 8GB RAM, and he added a GTX 1050 that I had sold him. In two months the GPU died. A capacitor, or some switch, broke, related to power delivery. I had no indications of a problem when I used it, but when he started to use it, he had some weird issues, followed by a quick death.
Nov 11, 2020
any of these honestly
  • MSI GeForce GTX 1650 4GT LP OC.
  • ZOTAC Gaming GeForce GTX 1650 OC.
  • MSI GeForce GTX 1050Ti GAMING X 4G.
  • Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 Ti OC (low Profile)
  • Asus GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Phoenix Fan Edition
But the thing is that it only has 240 watts, don't the 1650's have 75w usage

You will have a struggle with that, since that PSU is such a low rating. The other part is, do you have any GPU PSU cables? That will limit what you can put in, since the GTX 1650 have external power connections. Most GTX 1050s dont, so you could possibly use one. That being said, I have a friend who has a similar system, an i5-3470, 8GB RAM, and he added a GTX 1050 that I had sold him. In two months the GPU died. A capacitor, or some switch, broke, related to power delivery. I had no indications of a problem when I used it, but when he started to use it, he had some weird issues, followed by a quick death.

Solution
You will need a card that does not require aux 6 pin power.
About the strongest will be a GTX1650 that has not been factory overclocked.
One that needs no aux power.
It will run on pcie slot power only.
The max power draw from the pcie slot is 75w.
Your processor is a 65w tdp unit.
Other parts such as drives and fans take minimal power so you should be ok.

Reactions: digitalgriffin
Nov 11, 2020
for the same price you can get a used worstation-class HP or Dell prebuilt. they have beefier power supplies (even with 6/8 pins), lots of cpu cores and ram.
since the tower is quite big and there is no RGB, they are not very popular and the used prices are low.

exemple, in montreal : https://www.dantech.ca/fc/ordinateurs-de-bureau/usages/

if it's not too late i woul recommend to return / cancel your order.
I chose the workstation because it had everything I really needed, a decent cpu, a bunch of storage, and decent ram, all I'm thinking about is getting a gpu but I don't know much about them so I'm asking people which would fit my 240 watt psu

You physically can't fit a standard atx psu in it. It currently uses a sff PSU and the PSU cutout in the rear won't fit an atx PSU.

83-995-055-V03.jpg