What GPU should I get for my CPU for video editing? (Sony Vegas and Premier)

willy870

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
Here's my build:
CPU- Amd FX-8350
GPU- Radeon 6970
PSU- 600W
MOBO- gigabyte 970A-UD3P

Im running Sony Vegas Pro 13. I plan on using premier as well. Im wondering what GPU works well in terms of rendering acceleration with Vegas. I read in posts that manly AMD gpus work well with sony vegas using OpenCL what ever that means. Also some Nvidia gpus work well with vegas using the CUDA option. So what gpu works well with my cpu for faster rendering and playback.Could there be a gpu that can take 30% load and the rest on the cpu. any suggestions?

Solution

Actually, none. It is disabled by default because it has been found that GPU acceleration actually slows down rendering in Vegas. There is a thing on their website about it. I was unaware of this myself and got an R9 280 for the compute power over the 970 but turns out it was...

Actually, none. It is disabled by default because it has been found that GPU acceleration actually slows down rendering in Vegas. There is a thing on their website about it. I was unaware of this myself and got an R9 280 for the compute power over the 970 but turns out it was just a waste and should have gotten the better card to start with.

Solution

DGK___

Reputable
Feb 1, 2016
are you sure? I know for a fact that the newer the gpu the more likely it will not work with Vegas due to Vegas incapability to handle new processors like the Maxwell powered gpu's

TRENDING THREADS