Asrock b450m pro4 MOBO
16GB 3600mhz G.Skill ram
Corsair 80+ bronze CV650w PSU
512gb ssd

I was wondering if i should get a

ASRock Phantom Gaming D Radeon RX 5500 XT 8G OC
or
ASRock Phantom Gaming X Radeon RX Vega 56 8gb

and can my psu support the vega since it says Recommended PSU: 650W?

Solution
Well go for the Vega 56 one, its faster and worth bang for the buck, if used ones didnt concern you. you might want to apply good thermal paste such as arctic mx 4 or noctua nt-h1, since it runs really HOT.

But if power consumption a concern for you (since Vega cards are power hungry), Go for RX 5500 XT, or even better, 5600 XT. they both run lower wattage than vega cards.
Well go for the Vega 56 one, its faster and worth bang for the buck, if used ones didnt concern you. you might want to apply good thermal paste such as arctic mx 4 or noctua nt-h1, since it runs really HOT.

But if power consumption a concern for you (since Vega cards are power hungry), Go for RX 5500 XT, or even better, 5600 XT. they both run lower wattage than vega cards.

Last edited:
Solution
Apr 20, 2020

i was thinking with the rx5500 xt but i saw that i might be able to get the vega 56 for like 20 or 30 dollars more but i also saw that the vega's recommended watts is 650w idk if my psu could handle it

Apr 20, 2020
How did your GPU “get fried”? Budget?
bought an RX580 XXX GTS used on ebay for 140$ but the seller didnt used it for mining or anything seller said it was on excellent conditions and his score was on 100% and lots of items sold and everything before he sent it he tested it on lots of benchmarks and it had warranty till next year.

i sent it for RMA but i think ill get a refund instead after the RMA to get a brand knew card.

idk how it fried but after the corsair i had an Apevia Prestige 80+ gold idk if that PSU fried it or it was defective out of the box but it was working for 3 days and then the pc suddenly shut down and wouldnt turn on by that moment i didnt knew that the PSU was going into safe mode and i assumed that the PSU was dead and replaced it for my current PSU and when i installed the GPU it turned on then the GPU started smoking a lot and well turned off the pc fast and disconnected the GPU and smelled real bad so yeah...Dead

i was thinking with the rx5500 xt but i saw that i might be able to get the vega 56 for like 20 or 30 dollars more but i also saw that the vega's recommended watts is 650w idk if my psu could handle it
RX 5500 XT is your best bet, Vega 56 just isn't as good for its price, it runs more power (both idle and load) and hotter, eventho its performance better, but your electricity bills will be stonk. Maybe you could spend for RX 5600 XT, or a GTX 1660 Ti/Super, they're both great and consume less power.

Apr 20, 2020
RX 5500 XT is your best bet, Vega 56 just isn't as good for its price, it runs more power (both idle and load) and hotter, eventho its performance better, but your electricity bills will be stonk. Maybe you could spend for RX 5600 XT, or a GTX 1660 Ti/Super, they're both great and consume less power.
i would like to get the rx 5600 xt but since it cost like 80$ more than the rx 5500 xt i cant since i dont have much budget :/