[SOLVED] What gpu should i get

Oct 20, 2021
i have a EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Super and its a single fan, ive been having problems with it lately so i was wondering what gpu should i get to help my pc out.

Btw i dont know if this helps at all but heres the memory
Dedicated GPU Memory:
6gb

GPU Memory:
14gb

Shared GPU Memory:
8gb

Solution
i have a EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Super and its a single fan, ive been having problems with it lately so i was wondering what gpu should i get to help my pc out.
OBlack_LordO Hello. I recommend that you reach out to EVGA support and submit a RMA request. I believe that the US release date of the GTX 1660 Super was October 2019. And although we can't be certain until you reach out to EVGA support, generally their GPU warranties are three years.

Register your graphics card, immediately after creating an EVGA account.
https://www.evga.com/support/register.asp

Then call EVGA support to submit the RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization): 888-881-EVGA (3842) option 2

They will most likely require that...

LolaGT

Reputable
Oct 31, 2020
I guess it depends on what reasonable GPU buying choices you have, along with the capabilities of the rest of your PC system, and what you are doing with it.
The GPU market isn't a great place to shop under the current conditions.

Oct 20, 2021
I guess it depends on what reasonable GPU buying choices you have, along with the capabilities of the rest of your PC system, and what you are doing with it.
The GPU market isn't a great place to shop under the current conditions.
Im trying to get a new one because the one i got right now is messing up and having issues with gaming, like random shut downs when i open games and have these purple and green circles that pop up on my screen and then crash my game and pc.

GXiVR8060A8
That's the model of the total system. What's the brand and model of the PSU that's inside the case? If I take a look at a picture of that rig I see ketchup and mustard cables and that's not a good sign.
91wRRfqfxkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

OBlack_LordO Hello. I recommend that you reach out to EVGA support and submit a RMA request. I believe that the US release date of the GTX 1660 Super was October 2019. And although we can't be certain until you reach out to EVGA support, generally their GPU warranties are three years.

Register your graphics card, immediately after creating an EVGA account.
https://www.evga.com/support/register.asp

Then call EVGA support to submit the RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization): 888-881-EVGA (3842) option 2

They will most likely require that you have the product registered before submitting the claim. Hopefully it'll be approved. I strongly recommend that you not physically tinker with your card before attempting to submit this claim first. Just my two cents....

Last edited:
Reactions: King_V
Solution
Oct 20, 2021
That's the model of the total system. What's the brand and model of the PSU that's inside the case? If I take a look at a picture of that rig I see ketchup and mustard cables and that's not a good sign.

Heres a photo of the power supply

View: https://imgur.com/a/4eIIJsp

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Well, the PSU Discussion thread first post lists Apevia on the Wall Of Shame.

The PSU Tier List lists Apevia Prestige as "low priority" on Tier C, and the Apevia Jupiter as "low priority" on Tier D.

And, finally, from almost a year and a half ago, on this thread, those who are knowledgeable about such things explained exactly how risky they felt using that specific Apevia model is.

Get rid of it ASAP. Otherwise, after you get your new GPU and CPU, you might possibly wind up needing ANOTHER new GPU and CPU.

I agree about the PSU being something you should replace. From personal experience, a low quality or failing (slowly) PSU can cause lots of strange issues that seem to be the fault of the rest of the system. I was having random BSOD frequently, with errors pointing to RAM, HDD, and occasionally GPU. I could never figure it out, but I eventually replaced the PSU for another reason, and the issues went away without changing anything else in the system. You description of "having problems lately that might be the GPU" could very easily be nothing but a faulty PSU. Replace the PSU first, and see how that helps. If it doesnt help, then the poor quality PSU could have caused damage to the old GPU.

Oct 20, 2021
Well, the PSU Discussion thread first post lists Apevia on the Wall Of Shame.

The PSU Tier List lists Apevia Prestige as "low priority" on Tier C, and the Apevia Jupiter as "low priority" on Tier D.

And, finally, from almost a year and a half ago, on this thread, those who are knowledgeable about such things explained exactly how risky they felt using that specific Apevia model is.

Get rid of it ASAP. Otherwise, after you get your new GPU and CPU, you might possibly wind up needing ANOTHER new GPU and CPU.

What could I replace it with it if u don’t mind me asking because I truly don’t know

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
My personal preferences run:

Corsair: TX -> TXm -> RM -> RMx
CX if you're really on a budget.

Seasonic: Focus and Prime models.

Superflower Leadex models.

There are more that are worthwhile, but you should really read the first post in the thread that my first link leads to.

TRENDING THREADS