Question What GPU should I pair my Q9450 with?

May 6, 2024
Like the title, with what GPU should I pair the Q9450 with, I will show specs now
Mobo: P35-DS3 rev 2.1
GPU: GT 730
CPU: Q9450
COOLER: Aigo ICE200PRO
PSU: Antec 350X 350W ATX PSU
I think that's the info you need

Hey there,

There's not much you can do here. Prob a GTX960 is a potential as it works with older bios'. PSU could be a problem,

But keep in mind, your system and the FPS it outputs will still fallback on your CPU. Your CPU sends pre-rendered frames to the GPU. If the CPU doesn't send frames and faster or more of, then your newer GPU will always be waiting on your CPU. So, what I'm trying to say is that, even with a new GPU you may not see a huge bump in FPS.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on how much you have to spend and what is available to you. Nothing new is going to be viable.

GTX750 GTX750Ti would be pretty reliable. AMD R7 250 or 350 perhaps.

With such a light PSU I wouldn't go any higher.

Nvidia 900 series may require a UEFI BIOS to properly work, but that was very much card dependent.

May 6, 2024
Hey there,

There's not much you can do here. Prob a GTX960 is a potential as it works with older bios'. PSU could be a problem,

But keep in mind, your system and the FPS it outputs will still fallback on your CPU. Your CPU sends pre-rendered frames to the GPU. If the CPU doesn't send frames and faster or more of, then your newer GPU will always be waiting on your CPU. So, what I'm trying to say is that, even with a new GPU you may not see a huge bump in FPS.
Okay, thank you, I won't get a new GPU. I use this PC to test viruses, Windows builds and normal work for school or mini projects

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

Latest posts