Question What gpu should i pair with an i5 6600k

my friend msged me saying she wants to upgrade her pc, and asked what compnent, so looking at her specs i said, get another 8gb of ram (cause she already has 8gb)
she has a gtx 960 4gig, but wants to upgrade, shes got an ssd so no worries there. the motherboard is a z170 from gigabyte so the only thing i see really needs an upgrade other than ram
is the gpu

but to which one? i thought maybe rtx 2060 super or 5700xt which is a lil faster, but she does stream sometimes so the h264 encoder and ofcourse rtx on the 2060 super is good
but is a 2060 super too much for the i5 6600k? it is not overclocked.

WildCard999

Titan
The 2060S is a good update as long as the PSU is decent but I think the 2070S is a better choice for $100 more. It's a bit overkill for 1080P but when she does upgrade it should still be a viable GPU for 1440P or medium settings @4K.

As for the CPU it depends on the games, while 4 cores could be limiting in some games then 6600K has very good performance per core especially when overclocked.

What is the max she could spend on upgrades?

Well you need to ask her if she games, and if so what kind of games she plays. Getting a high end graphics card will do squat if she plays games like Terraria, or Roblox which will run on any hardware.

You'll also need to take a good look at her PSU. Upgrading a PSU and a GPU might put her over budget. If you aren't sure, the 960 has about a 120W->160W power envelope. (https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-960,4038-8.html) So you might have to stick within that power budget. The closest power wise would be a NVIDIA 1660ti

IF she does not game, the RAM upgrade to dual channel is your best bet. 2 Slots used are typically the fastest as it can run dual channel and not have additional latent latencies associated with 4 banks populated. 1 Slot only runs in single channel. Make sure you get single rank ram for both slots. Matching RAM helps with stability. If you are buying just 1 stick try to get the same brand/speed if you can. Otherwise check those timings between the old stick and the new stick you are adding!

Also the Z170 chipset supports NVMe. If her board has a NVMe slot then an Intel 660p 1TB might be a worthy upgrade at sub $100. It's certainly faster than 2.5" SSD.