[SOLVED] What GPU to buy?

swagsticious

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 28, 2014
Hi there people!

I am planning on building a new rig this summer (waiting for the 3rd gen Ryzen CPUs) and I have already mostly picked the components I am going to use. The only one that is left is the GPU. I can't decide if I should go for:
-a used 1080 ti (not from a mining rig of course),
-RTX 2070,
-GTX 1070 ti,
-RTX 2060
-VEGA56.
The purpouse of the computer will be gaming, video editing, photo editing and object modelling. I don't want to spend more than 500€ on the GPU and I will probably be buying it from a German or Austrian site ( https://www.computeruniverse.net/de/ or https://www.mylemon.at/ ). I estimated that the overall cost of the rig would be around 1200€-1400€.

The other parts will probably be:
-MSI Pro Carbon Mobo
-16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz CL16 RAM
-600W+ PSU (not sure which one to pick yet)
-Ryzen 3600x or 3700x CPU
-Phanteks p400s case

If anyone can give me any suggestions on which GPU to pick or how to improve the build it would be very much appreciated.

Solution
I am not really planning on doing an all AMD platform. I am considering the RTX cards more and more but I'm not yet convinced that they are worth the money (I hope that RTX support will get much better in the upcoming months so it will be worth buying). If I understood correctly FreeSync is now supported by Nvidia cards too so that I can upgrade to a FreeSync monitor?
rtx support is going get better, companies like ubisoft and one more (i dont remember its name)have already begun working on the games with rtx and DLSS support.

swagsticious

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 28, 2014
Rtx 2060 is on par with 1080.
Get the rtx. But if you are building an amd platform get vega ( used)

I am not really planning on doing an all AMD platform. I am considering the RTX cards more and more but I'm not yet convinced that they are worth the money (I hope that RTX support will get much better in the upcoming months so it will be worth buying). If I understood correctly FreeSync is now supported by Nvidia cards too so that I can upgrade to a FreeSync monitor?

harshgola

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2015
rtx support is going get better, companies like ubisoft and one more (i dont remember its name)have already begun working on the games with rtx and DLSS support.

Solution