What gpu to upgrade to

lboyer904

Reputable
Sep 23, 2018
I’m looking to upgrade my gpu, and wondering what to upgrade to without bottlenecking the cpu, or if I should just upgrade the cpu first.
Intel i5 3470
GTX 750 ti
12 GB ram
630W psu
P8B75-V motherboard

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
agreed. for the GPU, it is best to look into the used market. That is, if there is such a thing where you live.

The CPU is a bottleneck no matter which way you look at it in terms of modern AAA titles, but all in all it's still competent and you could do to upgrade the GPU instead. However, you're looking at it the wrong way around. It's not the GPU bottlenecking the CPU you should be worried about but the CPU bottlenecking the GPU.

99-100% GPU usage with less than 90% CPU usage is what you want. Not 90%+ CPU with low% GPU.

Depends on what you want to do. Getting a 3770 isn't a bad option, but there won't be that much improvement in games, just maybe fewer stutters in AAA titles, would help a bit with streaming. I wouldn't upgrade unless you're not happy with the performance. Keep in mind though, you'd be replacing the entire rig at that point as no quality PSUs come in 630W ratings and no one here would suggest you use it with new hardware.