Question What GPU would be a good upgrade to go to from a 980Ti for under $900 USD?

Ferrariassassin

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014
I am finally ready to put my old 980Ti to rest. I want to spend under $900 if i can. I have my eyes on a 4070Ti or an RX 7900 but benchmarks and riviews show the 4070ti being much better. I also looked at some 30 series cards but they are all the same or more expensive than the new 4070Ti so i see no need to get older card if they cost way more. My CPU is an i5 9600k but will be upgrading to a new motherboard, ram, and i7 2700k soon also. But it seems like my i5 does good. I also got a 750w bronze PSU.

Any advice would be appreciated i just want to get the BEST i can get because its been over 8 years since i upgraded and im sooooo exited, its FINALLY time lol.

I am finally ready to put my old 980Ti to rest. I want to spend under $900 if i can. I have my eyes on a 4070Ti or an RX 7900 but benchmarks and riviews show the 4070ti being much better. I also looked at some 30 series cards but they are all the same or more expensive than the new 4070Ti so i see no need to get older card if they cost way more. My CPU is an i5 9600k but will be upgrading to a new motherboard, ram, and i7 2700k soon also. But it seems like my i5 does good. I also got a 750w bronze PSU.

Any advice would be appreciated i just want to get the BEST i can get because its been over 8 years since i upgraded and im sooooo exited, its FINALLY time lol.
what is your psu? 750w bronze psu doesnt gurrantee any safety unless it is a good one.

By any chance, do you still use that sandy bridge platform?

Ferrariassassin

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014
what is your psu? 750w bronze psu doesnt gurrantee any safety unless it is a good one.

By any chance, do you still use that sandy bridge platform?
Its an EVGA 750W is more than enough.

And sandy bridge? Like second gen intel CPUs? I have not seen one of those in decades. If you are talking about the i5-4690 CPU in my BIO thingy than no i have not updated that yet i have not used toms hardware in years so i still need to update my specs below. But my CPU as of now is an i5-9600K.

KyaraM

Admirable
Its an EVGA 750W is more than enough.

And sandy bridge? Like second gen intel CPUs? I have not seen one of those in decades. If you are talking about the i5-4690 CPU in my BIO thingy than no i have not updated that yet i have not used toms hardware in years so i still need to update my specs below. But my CPU as of now is an i5-9600K.
You wrote i7 2700K in the first post. I think you meant to say 12700K there, but it is a little confusion nonetheless especially when talking about an upgrade from a 9th gen chip, lol.

About the PSU, it being an EVGA unit unfortunately means jack without the full product name. Every PSU manufacturer has low quality series. You got to look at the full model name to know how good it really is.