[SOLVED] What GPU would fit well in this build?

in_exe

Commendable
Feb 1, 2020
I'm currently building myself a PC that will hopefully be able to run games such as Hitman, World of Warships and Battlefield V on high/ultra settings with at least 60 fps. I don't intend to change my monitor anytime soon, so it'll be on a 1080p 60Hz display.

The rest of the components I'm planning on getting are:
Motherboard: ASrock B450 Pro4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
Memory: HyperX Fury 2x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM
Storage: Kingston M.2 500GB SSD
No case nor PSU listed since I intended on getting those last.

The only component trouble I have picking is the GPU (was actually thinking something along the lines of GTX 1660 Super or GTX 1070), but I'd be thankful for any advice on the build in general though.

Solution
I'm currently building myself a PC that will hopefully be able to run games such as Hitman, World of Warships and Battlefield V on high/ultra settings with at least 60 fps. I don't intend to change my monitor anytime soon, so it'll be on a 1080p 60Hz display.

The only component trouble I have picking is the GPU (was actually thinking something along the lines of GTX 1660 Super or GTX 1070), but I'd be thankful for any advice on the build in general though.

That CPU, motherboard and ram combo can handle most modern gpu's without much issue - although realistically there is no point going too high for 1080p 60 fps.

For new cards you are probably looking at a 1660 series card from nVidia, or something like the RX 5600 XT / 5700 from AMD.

If you are open to looking at second hand parts (or if you get a good deal on a new last gen card) then the GTX 1070, 1070ti and 1080 are all good options, as are the Radeon Vega 56 and 64 cards from AMD.

One other thing, make sure you buy a decent quality PSU - it's a component people often skimp on, especially as there are lots of cheap 'OEM' units that claim to offer very high wattage for low cost (e.g. 1000W OEM supply for £30) - avoid these units as they cannot actually supply anywhere near the rated value and often lack a lot of protection and filtering components found in more expensive units. Toms have a good article on some good power supplies which is a good place to start on what to look out for:
https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

Solution

in_exe

Commendable
Feb 1, 2020
That CPU, motherboard and ram combo can handle most modern gpu's without much issue - although realistically there is no point going too high for 1080p 60 fps.

For new cards you are probably looking at a 1660 series card from nVidia, or something like the RX 5600 XT / 5700 from AMD.

If you are open to looking at second hand parts (or if you get a good deal on a new last gen card) then the GTX 1070, 1070ti and 1080 are all good options, as are the Radeon Vega 56 and 64 cards from AMD.

One other thing, make sure you buy a decent quality PSU - it's a component people often skimp on, especially as there are lots of cheap 'OEM' units that claim to offer very high wattage for low cost (e.g. 1000W OEM supply for £30) - avoid these units as they cannot actually supply anywhere near the rated value and often lack a lot of protection and filtering components found in more expensive units. Toms have a good article on some good power supplies which is a good place to start on what to look out for:
https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

Alright! Thanks a lot!