[SOLVED] GPU for my motherboard?

christianbueno

Reputable
Nov 6, 2016
what Graphic Card can I buy for my motherboard DH87RL and i5-4430 3GHz , socket LGA 1150 to improve that for video editing

I will buy the i7-4790k processor to replace the current. I have a generic power supply unit PSU 700W. My current Graphics Card is GeForce GT 610.
My pc
Processor: Intel core i5-4430, 4 core, 4 threads, 3GHz
PSU: 700W generic
GPU: GeForce GT 610
intel Desktop Board, Motherboard: DH87RL
RAM: 16GB
Or would it be better to buy a new pc?
How much money could a new pc for video editing in 4k cost? Any cost-benefit recommendation is welcome?
My budget would be from $500 - $700.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Solution
I wouldn't invest on a GPU regardless of it's make and model while still on a generic PSU. 700 might be it's wattage but upon inspection(tear down) it's highly likely that it can't deliver more than 300W of power for the entire system.

You're going to have to buy a PSU and a GPU together. Where are you located and what is your preferred site for purchase? Also, dropping in a K suffix processor on a H87 board isn't really a good idea since you won't be able to overclock the processor. If you can't change the board to an Z87/Z97 chipset board, then stick to an i7-4790(non-K). Ram would have to be at DDR3-1600 if on an H87 chipset. If on a Z series, you can overclock the ram as well.

Lutfij

Titan
I wouldn't invest on a GPU regardless of it's make and model while still on a generic PSU. 700 might be it's wattage but upon inspection(tear down) it's highly likely that it can't deliver more than 300W of power for the entire system.

You're going to have to buy a PSU and a GPU together. Where are you located and what is your preferred site for purchase? Also, dropping in a K suffix processor on a H87 board isn't really a good idea since you won't be able to overclock the processor. If you can't change the board to an Z87/Z97 chipset board, then stick to an i7-4790(non-K). Ram would have to be at DDR3-1600 if on an H87 chipset. If on a Z series, you can overclock the ram as well.

Reactions: christianbueno
Solution

christianbueno

Reputable
Nov 6, 2016
Hello pal, I am from Ecuador ( South America).
I am a programmer, learning web development and software development.
I like to use Windows 10 and Linux Fedora . Please recommend me a new motherboard and processor too.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS