What graphic card can i change from fx 3500 to

bram_67

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012

Hi system details below and budget £150 - 200 gbp , thankyou

intel core i3-550 dual core processor running at 3.2GHz per core (6.4)

win 7 pro
FOXCONN H55A 1156 Motherboard

onboard intel HD graphics with HDMI and DVI output, nVidia Quadro FX3500 graphics video output of up to 3840x2400 pixels, 16GB DDR3 1333! Memory

Onboard 7.1 channel high definition audio with surround sound support.

CD/DVD writer/rewriter with lightscribe (self labelling)

650w Power Supply Unit

Tenda 300mb/s Wireless PCI card for network connectivity

Multimedia Card Reader with an additional USB 2.0 port

3 e-SATA ports (1 on top of case and 2 at back I/O)

500 GB SATA Hard Drive with 5 free SATA ports

bram_67

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
A couple of games i have check with ststem requirement site have said need or would need geforce type not quadro ?

That is a true statement. Most workstation class video cards (Quadro, FireGL) are optimized for professional graphics, and so do not do very well at gaming. Even a lower end gaming card will outperform a high-end workstation card when it comes to gaming performance. :cry:

Well, that's the rub..most low-end workstation cards are better at professional applications than a high-end gaming card. What do you want to be better at? This is a mutually exclusive choice, you can't have it both ways. If you want your work apps to run better, keep the Quadro. If you want a better gaming experience, then get a GeForce or Radeon gaming card.

Only you can make this choice. Once you know which way you want to go, then we can make recommendations for that path.

bram_67

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
Hi this pc is at home and idealy would like best of both worlds , not normaly poss in real world i know. i have laptop that can be used for my work apps , also can use pc at office. So i would say it would be good to have better game ex and be able to do some or a little work when i need .

I would look for something like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130739
based on your budget.
You could look here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html

for other options.

150-200 GBP is about 235 to 313 USD.

Whatever card you get, you will have to uninstall the drivers for your current card, remove it, and install your new card, then install the drivers for the new card.

janiashvili

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
actually it depends on what apps do you use.

if those are on Open GL - go with quadro or firepro. if stability of program is important go with pro card again(in rough numbers quadros are 1,2x to 5x stable than geforce cards in many(to most) apps). but usually new released cards are enough stable for year or two.

those are the main reasons why with workstation card. otherwise buy gaming card for little bit lower price than you would pay for workstation card