What graphics card can be used in a system with a 160 watt PSU?

May 15, 2017
I have an HP Slimline s3407c desktop PC. A few months ago, the VGA port came loose from the motherboard, so I can't use the internal 6150SE graphics. A quick and dirty solution I made was using a USB to VGA adapter so I can get some video output. There are many problems with it. For one, it's driver reliant, so I can only see the screen when I boot into Windows. I can't use the BIOS. Secondly, since there are no USB 3 ports, it lags a lot. I'm getting fed up with this solution, so I'm trying to find one that can go with my power supply. I'm looking at GT210s and the Radeon HD6450s. Are these too much for the PSU and if there are, do you have a card in mind to use on this system? Also, I want to upgrade this system to maybe 4GB of ram, so will a graphics card and upgraded ram be too much?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
You can find a used $50-60 dollar system that is faster than yours easily. A 2.6 gig Core 2 Duo system will be fine for basic tasks and HD video streaming. You probably spend 1/3 the price of a computer on that USB video adapter.

TRENDING THREADS