[SOLVED] What graphics card do I need for the new Samsung 49" QLED 120hz 5120x1440?

quels

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2009
I currently have the Asus Strix 970, definitely need to upgrade but not sure if I should wait for the next gen GPU's to come out. All the AMD Radeon 16gb VII's are sold out and the card is discontinued... Do I need to stick with AMD to take advantage of Freesync? Thanks in advance.

Solution
Gaming: 2080Ti
Just watching movies: Any gpu that supports 4K resolution, which is basically any of the recent cards.

Nvidia gpus support AMD freesync, so no, you don't need to stick with an AMD gpu.

It would be kind of a shot in the foot to buy a 2080Ti this late when a more affordable equivalent is likely to come out at the end of the year... but I guess you could try to sell it and get some of your money back for when the new gpus launch?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Gaming: 2080Ti
Just watching movies: Any gpu that supports 4K resolution, which is basically any of the recent cards.

Nvidia gpus support AMD freesync, so no, you don't need to stick with an AMD gpu.

It would be kind of a shot in the foot to buy a 2080Ti this late when a more affordable equivalent is likely to come out at the end of the year... but I guess you could try to sell it and get some of your money back for when the new gpus launch?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS