[SOLVED] What graphics card do I upgrade from the GeForce GT 710?

Apr 9, 2020
I have a Shinobee Ultra 8-Core Gaming PC/Multimedia Desktop Computer. The new games I play keep reminding me to upgrade my video card.
My question is: What do I upgrade to that will fit my system?

Product Specifications:

Processor:
AMD FX 8350 8 Core, 8x 4.2 GHz (4.00 GHz base clock speed, 4.2GHz with the AMD Boost Technology)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 AM3+ (1 x PCIe x16, 1 x PCIe x1, 1 x PCI, 4 x SATA 3Gb/s, 2 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse, 1xDVI, 1xD-Sub, 1x VGA, 1 x GBIT-LAN, 4xUSB 2.0, 3x Audio jack)

RAM: 16GB DDR3 PC-1600 (Dual Channel)

SSD: 256 GB SATA III SSD, very fast

Hard drive: 1TB SATA III HDD

3D-Graphics card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 710 2GB DDR3, DirectX 12, DVI, HDMI, VGA

CD/DVD Drive: 22x Dual Layer Multiformat CD/DVD Burner (CD-R, CD-RW, DVD+-R, DVD+-RW, DVD+R9 (DL))

Case: Gaming Midi Tower Black (43cm x 19cm x 43cm) with red fan lights

USB 3.0 : Yes, 4x USB 3.0 ports (2x USB 3.0 on the back panel & 2x USB 3.0 on the front panel)

USB 2.0: Yes, additional 2x USB 2.0 (back panel)

WiFi: Yes, WiFi equipped, ready for any wireless LAN

Network: 10/100/1000 MBit/s Ethernet LAN, DSL capable

Sound: Integrated on board 5.1 Controller, HD Audio

Power Supply: 420W Super Silent power supply unit

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Service Pack 1 (installed and activated)

Office Suite: Libre Office Pack -full version- (Microsoft Office compatible)

Solution
I would look at this a couple of ways.

If this is a system you plan on keeping, no upgrade in the near(ish) future...I would likely try to keep cost down, used GPU if possible. RX570, 1060, 1050ti perhaps something along that line.
If there is an upgrade in your future I would probably buy a card with that in mind. The above suggested 1660 is a superb card for the money in the new market and really the focus this way would be more on the future target resolution/frame rate you desire for the planned build.

Either of the above and I completely second that you consider your PSU needing changed as well.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador

If this is a system you plan on keeping, no upgrade in the near(ish) future...I would likely try to keep cost down, used GPU if possible. RX570, 1060, 1050ti perhaps something along that line.
If there is an upgrade in your future I would probably buy a card with that in mind. The above suggested 1660 is a superb card for the money in the new market and really the focus this way would be more on the future target resolution/frame rate you desire for the planned build.

Either of the above and I completely second that you consider your PSU needing changed as well.

Reactions: Jaegar13K
Solution
Apr 9, 2020

Thanks y'all for the assistance. I'll try both and see what I get. Thanks again.