[SOLVED] What graphics card for a Ryzen 5 2600?

VisorVulpine

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying to plan a PC build for little over a month now. I've been non stop researching and trying out different configurations, mostly with different GPUs and CPUs.
I've gotten settled on the Ryzen 5 2600 however I'm not as set on a graphics card.
My choices are: RX 580, RX 590 or GTX 1660 6GB.

I've tried to work out which would be the best for price, power and least bottlenecking. Unfortunately, the sites I used to determine which would be the best choice has had some poor reception, being condemned for inaccuracy.

So I come here for some help. I hope I can finally get somewhere with this whole issue.

(For reference, I want to play games like Gmod and Modded Minecraft as I have those games. But I want to have enough power to allow some slightly more demanding games at 1080p)

Solution
The 2600 is enough for all of these cards. RX 590 and GTX 1660 are quite the same performance if you can find the 590 cheaper then it will be a better choice. If the 590 is the same price or more then pick the 1660 6GB. You also have to mind your psu 1660 draw less power than the AMD cards that you listed.
The 2600 is enough for all of these cards. RX 590 and GTX 1660 are quite the same performance if you can find the 590 cheaper then it will be a better choice. If the 590 is the same price or more then pick the 1660 6GB. You also have to mind your psu 1660 draw less power than the AMD cards that you listed.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS