Jul 26, 2020
I bought this pre-built pc about 2 years ago and I'm thinking its time to upgrade the graphics card (currently have a gtx 1070) id like to upgrade to either a 1080 or 2080 I know how to install it and I have the funds for it but the only thing I'm worried about is the compatibility with my motherboard, could anyone help out and let me know if my motherboard is compatible with a 1080,1080 ti or a rtx 2080? Heres the exact motherboard I have
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-AX370M-DS3H-rev-1x#kf

It is not the motherboard you need to be concerned about, it is the power supply. Pre-built computers are notorious for mating a PSU to specific builds, that is they have the power only for the components in the PC. They do this to save money, by purchasing the lowest quality to get the job done, and charge you a hefty price for a better one if you decide to upgrade, which is what you are doing. You will need at least a high quality 550 watt power supply. A gold rated Corsair or Seasonic should do the job, just stay away from corsair's lowest price units, it is what OEMs put in their computers, low quality.

Reactions: SpaceBunkerz
Jul 26, 2020
It is not the motherboard you need to be concerned about, it is the power supply. Pre-built computers are notorious for mating a PSU to specific builds, that is they have the power only for the components in the PC. They do this to save money, by purchasing the lowest quality to get the job done, and charge you a hefty price for a better one if you decide to upgrade, which is what you are doing. You will need at least a high quality 550 watt power supply. A gold rated Corsair or Seasonic should do the job, just stay away from corsair's lowest price units, it is what OEMs put in their computers, low quality.

my current power supply is 600 watts do you think im good to go?