Question What graphics card shoud i get?

kurulay5

Honorable
Sep 17, 2018
Hello everyone.
I've been thinking about this build for so long and I've finnaly been able to get myself a:
Ryzen 5 2400g
Gigabyte B450M ds3h
And viper 2x4gb 3000 Mhz ram (can't get 16gb ram rn but I may upgrade later)
Mobo is here and I'm waiting upon my apu and ram to arrive.
The whole reason I got an apu and not a dedicated cpu is because I can't really get a gpu at the current moment and time.
Every month I usually get £20 or if I'm lucky £40. I'm not working as I've only recently turned 15 so the money I get monthly is my only source of income.
Really all I need to know is:
what gpu will work well with this build?
I'm planning on having this pc for a pretty long time (I've had it for a year already. Just upgrading from 1x8 ddr3 ram and a6 7400k don't remember mobo)
P.s. My psu is 500 watt but I'm pretty sure it's off brand so it might not perform as well.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Anything up to a GTX1060 will be okay on a 500W power supply. If you list the model it may be fine for some of the AMD RX cards. Maybe if you spot a good deal for an RX570 it would be worth it.

GTX1660Ti and RTX2060 are still closer to £300 so I can't really recommend those unless you've been saving this whole time. GTX1060 6GB will run you about £200.

Best to target a price range you are willing to pay and start saving up. When you have the money in hand, ask again.

Anything less and you wouldn't see a massive jump up from the APU you have now. (~RX550 territory)

Feb 25, 2019
How long are you willing to save? The GTX 1060 is a great budget GPU around 180 pounds. There's also the 1660 TI that just got released but it costs around 50 pounds more. Then there's the Radeon RX 570 which is around 130 pounds but only a tad bit worse than the 1060. At even lower price would be the 1050 for around 100 pounds. I wouldn't go any lower than that in terms of performance as I'm pretty sure you want some kind of worthy GPU as well. I wouldn't go for a 1050TI as it's around the price of an RX 570 but it's a lot worse in terms of performance.
If you still don't know what to do search the internet for "best budget gpu's 2019" or similar.

I think you're asking what's the most you should pair with a 2400G, if you were to someday have the money to buy whatever. Your Vega graphics should be close to what a GT 1030 would give you. Your current 4 cores/8 thread 2400g should be enough to power games for a long time. I think you could get good use out of anything up to 1070 level of performance.

Keep in mind that what you can use and what you need are two different things. Depending on the game and resolution, you might not need more than a 1060. Games like CSGO and Fortnite are played by lots of people and you don't need a lot of videocard power for those.

kurulay5

Honorable
Sep 17, 2018
I think you're asking what's the most you should pair with a 2400G, if you were to someday have the money to buy whatever. Your Vega graphics should be close to what a GT 1030 would give you. Your current 4 cores/8 thread 2400g should be enough to power games for a long time. I think you could get good use out of anything up to 1070 level of performance.

Keep in mind that what you can use and what you need are two different things. Depending on the game and resolution, you might not need more than a 1060. Games like CSGO and Fortnite are played by lots of people and you don't need a lot of videocard power for those.
I've been a budget gamer my entire life, playing on random crappy laptops and consols from the ps2 to xbox one so I really don't mind that much about the actual graphics anything that is 720p 60fps+ is Great for me! So I'm basically looking for the best framerate and maybe go 1080p
Cs:go and Fortnite can both supposedly run from the apu alone so I don't need to worry there but the games I'll be playing are:
Rust
Osu! (<--- this could run on my a6 7400k so no worries there)
Tf2
Paladins
Apex legends
Cs:go
Rocket league
And apparently amd is giving out the division 2 to select amd products to who knows I may get it

kurulay5

Honorable
Sep 17, 2018
How long are you willing to save? The GTX 1060 is a great budget GPU around 180 pounds. There's also the 1660 TI that just got released but it costs around 50 pounds more. Then there's the Radeon RX 570 which is around 130 pounds but only a tad bit worse than the 1060. At even lower price would be the 1050 for around 100 pounds. I wouldn't go any lower than that in terms of performance as I'm pretty sure you want some kind of worthy GPU as well. I wouldn't go for a 1050TI as it's around the price of an RX 570 but it's a lot worse in terms of performance.
If you still don't know what to do search the internet for "best budget gpu's 2019" or similar.
I may just get an rx 570 and have myself an all amd build. I was originally looking at a 1060ti once I could but if the 570 is just a tad bit worse but so much cheeper and better than the 1050ti ill 100% get it
Thanks!

kurulay5

Honorable
Sep 17, 2018
Anything up to a GTX1060 will be okay on a 500W power supply. If you list the model it may be fine for some of the AMD RX cards. Maybe if you spot a good deal for an RX570 it would be worth it.

GTX1660Ti and RTX2060 are still closer to £300 so I can't really recommend those unless you've been saving this whole time. GTX1060 6GB will run you about £200.

Best to target a price range you are willing to pay and start saving up. When you have the money in hand, ask again.

Anything less and you wouldn't see a massive jump up from the APU you have now. (~RX550 territory)
Yeah the apu is just slightly worse than the 1030 and 550
I'm only just starting to save up so I'm not getting money this month
I'm planning on getting a 570 because it seems pretty much exactly what I'm looking for according to one of the replies on this post