Question What graphics card should I get under a 250$ budget?

Feb 22, 2019
I have a dell XPS 8930 with a Nvidea GeForce 1030 graphics card running 2 gb gddr5, my processor is a intel core i7 8th gen, should I get a better graphics card? How does RAM work? I want to run ghost recon wildlands

Videocards are available at different price points, so that you can buy what you need without paying for more than you need.

Your 1030 is at the lowest price point. It's meant for people who need something a bit more powerful than integrated graphics, but not for gaming.

GR Wildlands is a demanding game. You need an actual gaming card. For 1080p I'd suggest you look at a GTX 1060 or an equivalent performance card. If you're willing to compromise on settings and/or framerate, a 1050 Ti or equivalent may be acceptable to you. As far as ram goes, on videocards, at this point in time consider 2gb to be the bare minimum for low settings at 1080p in newer or demanding games. I'd advise trying for 4gb vram or higher if possible considering the game you want to play.

Your computer's power supply will determine what your options are. If your Dell allows it, you might be able to upgrade your power supply if you need a better one for the card you choose. Your i7 should be more than enough CPU for any game you play.

Feb 22, 2019
T
Videocards are available at different price points, so that you can buy what you need without paying for more than you need.

Your 1030 is at the lowest price point. It's meant for people who need something a bit more powerful than integrated graphics, but not for gaming.

GR Wildlands is a demanding game. You need an actual gaming card. For 1080p I'd suggest you look at a GTX 1060 or an equivalent performance card. If you're willing to compromise on settings and/or framerate, a 1050 Ti or equivalent may be acceptable to you. As far as ram goes, on videocards, at this point in time consider 2gb to be the bare minimum for low settings at 1080p in newer or demanding games. I'd advise trying for 4gb vram or higher if possible considering the game you want to play.

Your computer's power supply will determine what your options are. If your Dell allows it, you might be able to upgrade your power supply if you need a better one for the card you choose. Your i7 should be more than enough CPU for any game you play.
[/QUOTE

yeah thanks a lot!! I wasn’t sure if it was my CPU, I’ll look into a higher end graphics card