[SOLVED] What graphics card to buy

Sep 30, 2022
Hello I need a bit help. I got to buy some graphic card at Friday because looks like my gtx 770 is to weak for FIFA23. And it doesn't lunch just freeze on loading screen.
I got i7 4930k OC 4.2ghz
16gb ram corsair 1600hz ddr3
Dell H875EF-00 - 875W Power Supply
I'm looking for rx590 8gb / 1660 6gb / 1060 6gb
What do u think which one should I buy soo i won't have bottleneck ?

Solution
1st gen ryzen ipc was basically at a level of 4th gen Haswell. Ivy vs Haswell was basically 0 difference, in IPC. Hence why I skipped 4th gen, and stuck with my 3570k at the time. Considering the higher clock speed, the 4930k would still be a faster CPU. There could be a valid argument for instruction sets, but pure CPU performance, the 4930k, especially with an overclock, is a bit faster chip.

Fifa 23, with a 4930k/1660 will handle it just fine, if this is anything to go by. The i7 3770 is a bit slower, on clocks, and is only a 4c/8t CPU.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpnqaQqzc7w
Sep 30, 2022
dwda.jpg

Soo dont trust these requirments. I askin about bottleneck. Game should launch anyway even on very low settings.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Not attempting to be "smart" or disingenuous, but if you aren't going to trust that the game developer knows what it takes to PROPERLY run their game, how are we going to suggest that you follow said as direction to get a GPU?

Says on there you need something at or better than the RX570 and recommends something in the 1660/6600XT level if you want to trust that specific part. What would you like us to say?

logainofhades

Titan
According to the minimum specs your CPU isn't up to snuff.

FIFA 23 system requirements – prep your gaming PC for kick off | PCGamesN

An overclocked Ivy Bridge 4930k, which is a 6c/12t CPU, is just as good, if not better, than the listed CPU's, at stock. Sandy Bridge, to skylake was very little IPC gains. The GTX 770 is the issue here. This would be a good choice, imo.

PCPartPicker Part List

Video Card: EVGA KO ULTRA GAMING GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB Video Card ($245.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $245.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-10-03 09:53 EDT-0400

Sep 30, 2022
I stay in UK and those 2060 are just ot expensive for me atm. Thats why I asked about those 3 cards rx590 8gb / 1660 6gb / 1060 6gb which one should run better with my parts

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
An overclocked Ivy Bridge 4930k, which is a 6c/12t CPU, is just as good, if not better, than the listed CPU's, at stock. Sandy Bridge, to skylake was very little IPC gains.

Even the lowly 1600 is 'faster' than the 4730K. I note that in many of the benchmark review sites that such as Cinebench, Blender, V Ray and others don't show results for the older Intel chip so IMO the concern could be missing instruction set, etc.

logainofhades

Titan
1st gen ryzen ipc was basically at a level of 4th gen Haswell. Ivy vs Haswell was basically 0 difference, in IPC. Hence why I skipped 4th gen, and stuck with my 3570k at the time. Considering the higher clock speed, the 4930k would still be a faster CPU. There could be a valid argument for instruction sets, but pure CPU performance, the 4930k, especially with an overclock, is a bit faster chip.

Fifa 23, with a 4930k/1660 will handle it just fine, if this is anything to go by. The i7 3770 is a bit slower, on clocks, and is only a 4c/8t CPU.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpnqaQqzc7w

Last edited:
Solution

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador

In my own experience, I used a 4690 until the Ryzen 1st gen release and found that compared to an R3 1200 was VERY close in performance. I chalked the experience up to the additional RAM and bus speeds and so forth. 4th gen Intel was a very strong contender for a long time.
I have ZERO experience with the HEDT/X series of chips, so no specific knowledge of their performance in comparison. My concern was based in 6th gen being the lowest recommend.

As to this situation, hopefully the OP can source a GPU in budget and requirements and will post back to let us know if it worked or not.

Sep 30, 2022
Yes I'm gonna be used one because we got here company called CeX that buy/sell pre-owned electronics. They give 2years warranty for everything soo I'll buy this 1660 at Friday and see how it goes. Thanks a lot for help and your time everybody <3

Reactions: logainofhades

TRENDING THREADS