Question What Graphics card would you recommend me?

Nov 11, 2021
I'll be mainly using it for gaming, video streaming at 1080p (my screen res is also 1080p), surfing the web, and doing normal day to day computer tasks.
If you want more information, tell me.

Now shoot recommendations boi!

USAFRet

Titan
There is no current system lol...

Nov 11, 2021
Then how are we supposed to recommend something, when we have 0 idea what it will be paired with?
Good point.

Processor: i3 10100f OR 10400f OR 11400f
RAM: 16GB of Bùyàojǐn RAM, also will 2666mhz or 3200mhz make a difference?

Approximate Purchase Date: this lifetime

Budget Range: about 640$ (willing to go 650 just for you USAFRet)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies) also wth does folding@home mean...

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: no. but also yes.

Do you need to buy OS: No
Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:
doesn't matter cuz pricing is always gonna be different. cuz egypt

Parts Preferences: no.

Overclocking: do intel cpu's even have overclocking?

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution:1680x1050 (old monitor I had), the reason I said my monitor's res is 1080 in the post is because I'm probably going to buy a new monitor sometime in the future, near future

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I'm not, I'm building a whole new pc (first time, all of my information about pc is through reading through websites and asking in forums in the past 6 months). My old pc had an a4 pro 7300B in it (skull emoji)

Nov 11, 2021
Also I'm buying on facebook market place, good deals there, and the offer i found is offering a whole pc of a I3 10100 or a I5 10400 alternative for 5300EGP and 6300EGP (287.89 and 342.21) respectively (18.41 EGP for 1 USD currently). With an option of adding a GPU.

DSzymborski

Titan
Realistically, are you actually going to buy anything? You've been asking questions for four months about different PCs and/or parts you're about to buy and at some point, you're going to have give some kind of indication that you're not just wasting everyone's time over and over again.

Facebook Marketplace is just about the worst way to buy anything.

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018
Why is that?

I don't know man, Facebook Marketplace is just shady. Bought 3 different GPUs and all failed one way or another. And yes, in each case I brought a (tech-oriented) friend with me and checked the goods thoroughly before the deal. Yes, they have smashing deals but each one I bought from that place made me want to smash my head instead.

If it can be helped, try to buy from a more reputable marketplace (I don't know what you have there in Egypt, maybe your version of Amazon or the likes). Better to spend a bit more now than cry about it later.

Reactions: I do not know 1 2 3
Nov 11, 2021
Because you're buying used stuff from "some dude".

No expectation of actually working, no warranty, no history of past use.
I don't know if this improves the situation but I'm buying from a real shop in Cairo and they've been selling online for a while. They sell all new parts (allegedly) and when it's used they state it very clearly. and the parts I'm buying are all new.
There is warranty of at least 1 year (tbh I don't know if 1 year is average, please advice me in this area) and 3 years top. And well if it's not working, they say they will take it back and replace it.

Very few buyer protections in most cases.

On eBay, you can usually get your money back from the very common scam GPU. On Facebook, it's usually "too bad, so sad."
Guess we'll see.. But it's a legit shop though, they listed it's address, number, open and close times. And the place is 100% real.

DSzymborski

Titan

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021
you have to do some research about stuff especially with a low budget in a somewhat obscure country for PC parts. In the US I could just make a parts list and say buy this from amazon but idk how egypt works. For all I know you could get jumped by a mummy and it will steal your gpu

Nov 11, 2021
Well, you know your local pseudo retail environment better than we do.

Good luck.
Thanks lol.

The last time you told us about a totally legit shop, they were trying to sell you a hard drive with Windows 10 and pirated games on it.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...s-10-ssd-in-new-system.3749430/#post-22607591
Well that's different you see, Egypt is all about pirated stuff, we have pirated movies, pirated tv shows, pirated windows 10, pirated games, all of that stuff is publicly appropriate though it's illegal as la bamba. So seeing someone advertising their pc using a false and pirated Windows 10 version and some cracked games is kinda normal.

you have to do some research about stuff especially with a low budget in a somewhat obscure country for PC parts. In the US I could just make a parts list and say buy this from amazon but idk how egypt works. For all I know you could get jumped by a mummy and it will steal your gpu
Remember kids, mummies aren't alive, and Egypt is not a <Mod Edit> desert (seriously pls stop 😭)

Last edited by a moderator:

USAFRet

Titan
Well that's different you see, Egypt is all about pirated stuff, we have pirated movies, pirated tv shows, pirated windows 10, pirated games, all of that stuff is publicly appropriate though it's illegal as la bamba. So seeing someone advertising their pc using a false and pirated Windows 10 version and some cracked games is kinda normal.
May be normal in your environment.
But it is not normal or allowed in here.