What happened to "Comment from the Forums"?

80-watt Hamster

Honorable
Oct 9, 2014
It seems that there isn't a link to a forum page for article comments anymore, and that this has coincided with the login upgrade. Is this change intentional and permanent? I much prefer participating in article comments via the forums; reading and following threads is much easier there.

Solution
It's a known issue. I reported it to the community management team, and yes it is linked to the new login system. See here for more info on what else is known as well that they are working on:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3478196/sign-migration-megathread.html

In the interim, you can access it when you make a comment under the article and go to your tracked threads list in your profile. FYI once you post a comment under an article, it triggers an automatic thread following link to the story. Scroll down about 3/4 of the way in the above link in the first page of comments and you'll see the community director's comments:

Known/Reported Issues:

• "0AUTH Error: Redirect URL is wrong" issue where this error is...
It's a known issue. I reported it to the community management team, and yes it is linked to the new login system. See here for more info on what else is known as well that they are working on:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3478196/sign-migration-megathread.html

In the interim, you can access it when you make a comment under the article and go to your tracked threads list in your profile. FYI once you post a comment under an article, it triggers an automatic thread following link to the story. Scroll down about 3/4 of the way in the above link in the first page of comments and you'll see the community director's comments:

Known/Reported Issues:

• "0AUTH Error: Redirect URL is wrong" issue where this error is received upon attempted login.
• Username and Avatar on article comments and login screen shows email nickname from Google instead of Tom's username and avatar.
• The link to "Comment from the Forums" is missing in article comments from editorial pages.
• Random difficulties signing-in using username and password. (See above tip for workaround.)
• Login issues for Internet Explorer 11, generates a blank screen.

Solution