[SOLVED] What happened to Corsair's RGB LED fan hub?

Solution
Yes, the Commander Pro has only two RGB outputs, and they are of the ADDR RGB type, NOT the plain RGB. That matches with several Corsair ARGB lighting devices. IF you have only two such devices you're OK. But if you have more, than you need to buy also one (or two) Corsair RGB LED Hub(s). Each of these allows you to connect up to six ARGB lighting devices to the Hub. Then the Commander Pro comes with two cables, each of which can be used to connect one of its RGB output ports to a Lighting Hub, effectively converting that one port into six that all operate the same way. I believe that the two Commander Pro output ports can be controlled separately using the iCue software ( may be wrong!) giving you the option of NOT syncing those two...

zediathewolf

Honorable
Oct 29, 2017
Your best bet would be to contact corsair directly to see whats the situation on them.

If I had to guess, its because the iCUE commander pro has that capability, so they are looking to streamline the ecosystem.
Again, thats just a guess.

Yeah. I'm still awaiting a response. I don't understand where you said the commander pro has that capability, because it is limited to only 2 LED ports. While the hub has 6. The hub is meant to be plugged into the commander pro. Is there another alternative?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Yes, the Commander Pro has only two RGB outputs, and they are of the ADDR RGB type, NOT the plain RGB. That matches with several Corsair ARGB lighting devices. IF you have only two such devices you're OK. But if you have more, than you need to buy also one (or two) Corsair RGB LED Hub(s). Each of these allows you to connect up to six ARGB lighting devices to the Hub. Then the Commander Pro comes with two cables, each of which can be used to connect one of its RGB output ports to a Lighting Hub, effectively converting that one port into six that all operate the same way. I believe that the two Commander Pro output ports can be controlled separately using the iCue software ( may be wrong!) giving you the option of NOT syncing those two ports and any connected lights.

Solution