Question What happened to Hyperx Savage ddr4 lineup?

Jul 21, 2019
2 years back I bought my pc. I got the Hyperx savage ddr4 and the time has come to upgrade to 16gb but there isnt a single shop selling it. Does anybody know what happened to it and if anybody knows can I pair the two sticks of savage that I got to fury here' s a little bit more about what I got currently
Part NumberDescription
HX421C13SB/44GB 2133MHz DDR4 CL13 DIMM XMP HyperX Savage

Lutfij

Titan
Very confident that the reason it's no longer available is due to the fact that Kingston have EOL'd that series/product. It's one of the issues when looking for a ram upgrade. Even if you do find the same kit off Ebay, they'd likely be over priced or not the same specs or color(if you're finicky about it).

That being said, mind sharing your specs?
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You might be favored with a newer kit with higher specs...?

Jul 21, 2019
CPU: i5 7400
Motherboard: Msi B250M bazooka
Ram: 2x4gb Kingston hyperx savage ddr4 2133mhz
SSD/HDD: Kingston A400 120gb and 1tb wd hdd 7200rpm
GPU: Gtx 1060
PSU: XFX 600W XT
Chassis: MS winston case

Aeacus

Glorious
Herald
Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 RAM is performance RAM between HyperX Fury (value RAM) and HyperX Predator (enthusiast RAM). It was created for Intel 100 series and X99 chipset.

Back in the end of 2016 when i bought my Skylake build (full specs with pics in my sig), i also went with HyperX Savage RAM due to it's performance over value RAM while still being cheaper than enthusiast RAM. I have HX430C15SB2K2/8 in use. Once i decided to have more RAM in the middle of 2017, it was pretty hard time for me to find another set of HX430C15SB2K2/8 RAM. Though, i did manage to find it eventually.

As far as why HyperX Savage isn't available anymore, well, my guess is that most people went with value RAM (HyperX Fury) and Kingston just didn't produce HyperX Savage RAM that many. Low sales = small production number. Then again, HyperX Savage RAM is one of the best out there and i can see why no-one is selling it. Even i wouldn't sell my HyperX Savage RAM, despite having 4x sticks of that RAM in my system.

While you could buy 2x 4GB HyperX Fury RAM to get total to 16GB, i'd advise against that. Mixing RAM is bad idea since it's 50:50 chance of old RAM and new RAM working together. It's best when you buy any 2x 8GB 2400 Mhz set and keep your 2x 4GB set as backup (or sell it). Since your MoBo supports RAM speeds of 2133/2400 Mhz, you can get small RAM speed upgrade with 2x 8GB 2400 Mhz set as well.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS