What happened to ifcomp.org

Is there an IF competition this year? I saw the post a month ago by
Stephen Granade confirming the start of the competition. But, I
haven't been able to access the ifcomp.org website for about a week
now. Has the site closed? Will the competition be run from an
alternative site? As I was hoping to submit an entry, can anyone
provide some info on this?

"J" <johnandnik@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> Is there an IF competition this year? I saw the post a month ago by
> Stephen Granade confirming the start of the competition. But, I
> haven't been able to access the ifcomp.org website for about a week
> now. Has the site closed? Will the competition be run from an
> alternative site? As I was hoping to submit an entry, can anyone
> provide some info on this?

The websites DNS settings for the IP address needs to change. Plover.Net
hosts ifcomp.org, brasslantern.org, and a few others and they need to change
their pointing devices.

David C.

"David A. Cornelson" <davidco at iflibrary dot com> wrote in message
> "J" <johnandnik@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > Is there an IF competition this year? I saw the post a month ago by
> > Stephen Granade confirming the start of the competition. But, I
> > haven't been able to access the ifcomp.org website for about a week
> > now. Has the site closed? Will the competition be run from an
> > alternative site? As I was hoping to submit an entry, can anyone
> > provide some info on this?
>
> The websites DNS settings for the IP address needs to change. Plover.Net
> hosts ifcomp.org, brasslantern.org, and a few others and they need to
change
> their pointing devices.

Is there a http://205.166.146.12/ - based address that'll work in the short
term?

Cheers, Roger
--
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
You'll find all my IF pages at http://www.firthworks.com/roger

Try : http://ifcomp.plover.net

"Roger Firth" <roger@firthworks.com> writes:

> "David A. Cornelson" <davidco at iflibrary dot com> wrote in message
> > "J" <johnandnik@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > > Is there an IF competition this year? I saw the post a month ago by
> > > Stephen Granade confirming the start of the competition. But, I
> > > haven't been able to access the ifcomp.org website for about a week
> > > now. Has the site closed? Will the competition be run from an
> > > alternative site? As I was hoping to submit an entry, can anyone
> > > provide some info on this?
> >
> > The websites DNS settings for the IP address needs to change. Plover.Net
> > hosts ifcomp.org, brasslantern.org, and a few others and they need to
> change
> > their pointing devices.
>
> Is there a http://205.166.146.12/ - based address that'll work in the short
> term?

At this point the DNS should be propagating about and those sites
returned as before.

Stephen

--
Stephen Granade