What happened to old forum content? (2015 era)

GoldKingCobra

Honorable
Jun 2, 2015
Hey guys, I've returned to the forums after leaving for many years due to loss of interest after building some nice rigs that satiated my tech needs and interests.

I wanted to dive back into my profile to view my old threads, comments, etc mostly for nostalgic reasons. However, my profile doesn't display any threads from that era and opening links to threads in old emails just lead to a 404 page.

Since I see that forums have changed quite a bit since I was last on here, was there some type of data loss? Or was old content archived or something?

Was looking forward to some mild nostalgia, just curious if it is or isn't possible, and what happened to old threads.

Colif

Win 11 Master
All posts between sometime in 2015 and Oct 2019 are not showing in search, or on profiles. But they do exist still. Google search can find them... they are still counted in your post count & in other totals, so parts of the system knows the truth, other parts are somewhat confused.

scrapser

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2001
Is there any way to recover my previous account? I have been a member since the late 1990's and had to create a new account. There have been several threads discussing the loss of user accounts but I have yet to see anything concrete regarding a fix.

Thanks