[SOLVED] What happened to the "About" menu item?

Oct 6, 2020
I am sure that it is my fault. I did not get the memo. I do not have social media accounts.

Once upon a time when I wanted to know what revision of software I was running. I would look at the top of the window, go to the extreme left and find a menu item called "Help". The first item under that was "About" and that would tell me the revision of the program.

Today I was wondering what revision of Word, Excel and PowerPoint I have and ...

Its gone! Help takes me to some internet place. I can not find the "About" function. The help responds as if about has no legacy. The program now has no idea what I am talking about.

Where do I find the revision in PowerPoint, Word or Excel. Note that these are installed versions not the subscription products.

Michael

Solution
that should be in account settings now
img_5bd75420b19ca.png

if you scroll down there, you will also see build number or how often updates will happen
img_5bd75466ea0ea.png
Oct 6, 2020
Thank you. I will try to pay attention from now on.

I do recall reading a book published by Microsoft back in the late 80s where they explained the benefits of establishing a user interface and not changing it from one revision to the next.

Thank you. I will try to pay attention from now on.

I do recall reading a book published by Microsoft back in the late 80s where they explained the benefits of establishing a user interface and not changing it from one revision to the next.

The past decade + of Microsoft and software "upgrades" in general have been in moving menu items around and changing colors and fonts, so it's not unusual to see things made worse and/or harder to find. I have yet to see any actual improvement in hardware or software usability and features in the past 10-20 years past some faster speeds. Build quality, usability, ease of use, how features work, all have either gotten worse or at best stayed the same.