What happened to the Acer 27" 3d monitor?

baddad

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
What happened to the Acer 27" 3d monitor? It was on neweggs site for about a month and then it was gone, in fact it's not even on acer's site. Does anyone know the story behind this.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Acer just built it to get the title of biggest 3D monitor. Only a handfull were sold. If you look in European stores you might find some, but good luck with the shipping. Asus built one too, but it never came to the market. On a side note, last year Asus said they were gonna have one. Over a year later...???

I was planning on buying one for my B-Day because I was taking a week off from work, haven't had a vacation in 3 years. Had money saved a few months before, and waited, and waited, and waited, many sites said june 1st...... It never came, ended up getting an Asus VG236H.. Not what I wanted, but the 27" 3D monitors are vaporware. I am starting to think manufacturers are purposely trying to keep the PC at bay from being a gaming machine. IMO to many companies will lose money if people know they can do "EVERYTHING" on there PC. Just a reminder that the world is about money not technology.