Question What Happened to Visualizations in Groove Music?

accesscpu_

Reputable
May 7, 2019
I was reading this article about Microsoft adding visualizations to Groove Music back in 2017 (a simple feature even the old Windows Media Player had). But it doesn't look like it ever came. And I am seriously tired of staring into this black void. Can anyone help?

Media-Player-music-content.jpg

Winamp is the only one off the top of my head that has visualizations. I believe the most recent version has them as well.

Otherwise Foobar 2K would be my next best guess. I don't use it, but it's highly customizable so I'm sure you'll find something.
now if we talking about visualisation, is there any app wich has youtube like visualisations? those are pretty much made in music visualizer

It looks like all the love is over on Windows 11. This article suggests they decided to go back and update Windows Media Player as there new go-to (and kinda forget Groove Music moving forward). Wish there was a way to get the newer version (with its features) on Windows 10.
your knowledge is outdated (article from 2021)

The current version of Windows Media Player is 11.2209.30.0 and Windows 10 Build 19042 is specified as the minimum version.

Last edited:

accesscpu_

Reputable
May 7, 2019
So I tried this out, but it didn't really matter much. There are no visualizations on the newer Media Player version either.

I looked up an article, and they said the visualizations were created by a company that was bought out by Apple right after they started to implementing them back during the XP days. So instead of continuing to license them, they just dropped them in leu of cover art. Hence the reasons Windows no longer offers them on any of its players.

So...back to the OG Windows Media Player. It still works great!