[SOLVED] What happens if you need to update BIOS to use a Ryzen 7 chip?

Sep 16, 2019
I'm about to put a PC together, and something I should have asked long ago that just came to me is, what happens if the BIOS is not Ryzen Gen 3 ready, do you need an older Ryzen CPU just to update the BIOS? If so, I don't have one.

Solution
If you're unable to update the BIOS on your own (or with the help of a local store), you may be able to request a loaner processor from AMD: AMD Boot Kit

This is a short term loan of a low-end processor which, when installed, will allow you to update the BIOS for your new CPU. You will then need to return the loaner CPU back to AMD.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
If you're unable to update the BIOS on your own (or with the help of a local store), you may be able to request a loaner processor from AMD: AMD Boot Kit

This is a short term loan of a low-end processor which, when installed, will allow you to update the BIOS for your new CPU. You will then need to return the loaner CPU back to AMD.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Sep 16, 2019

-Wolf sends
Wow that is so cool! Does Intel do that?