[SOLVED] What happens if your UPS can't handle your computer

Jan 12, 2021
I'll make this short as possible.

I bought a UPS that has lower VA than my ups. My PSU is 650w and the ups draws 360w. Whenever there's an outage my PC only lasts 5-10 seconds depending on load. Whenever there's an outage the PSU creates a tiny squealing sound and then shuts down. Can this cause damage long or short term? Has it already damaged something? Thanks for your help and time.◉‿◉

Another question of mine is that the ups can handle my computer quite well even on max gpu load but not really when it's on battery mode. Can you please tell me why?

Solution

I bought a UPS that has lower VA than my ups. My PSU is 650w and the ups draws 360w. Whenever there's an outage my PC only lasts 5-10 seconds depending on load. Whenever there's an outage the PSU creates a tiny squealing sound and then shuts down. Can this cause damage long or short term? Has it already damaged something? Thanks for your help and time.◉‿◉

Another question of mine is that the ups can handle my computer quite well even on max gpu load but not really when it's on battery mode. Can you please tell me why?
Well, you kinda answered it yourself, to small capacity battery to keep it running even for few seconds needed for proper shutdown.

Well, you kinda answered it yourself, to small capacity battery to keep it running even for few seconds needed for proper shutdown.

Solution