Harshilvijay

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014
My PC have an Intel 3 ghz dual core e5700 processor
2 GB ddr3 ram
Simmtronics g41 mobo
250w psu
Can I overclock it to 3.5 ghz?
What's the most possible bad thing that can happen to my pc??

Interocitor2

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
3.5 GHz should be no problem. No need to increase vcore.
With an overclock that mild the worst thing that could happen is a BSOD but if you OC too high the VRM section on your board might break.
Does that board even have any OC options?

I bridged pads on an e5200 to increase voltage on an ASRock G41 board without voltage control.

Harshilvijay

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014
Well actually yesterday I overclocked my processor to 3.52 ghz and it was running fine then I checked the temperature through hwmonitor and the core temperature was 38-45°C and the maximum cpu temp was 55°C,is it good
But today when I was playing nfs mw the game suddenly freezed and the computer was not responding to anything so I turned it off from main switch and restarted it and again I made it to default 3 ghz in the BIOS and then saved it but after saving it,when I booted my PC nothing was happening I mean the cpu was on but nothing was displaying on screen not even the motherboard logo which appears when I boot my Pc,since then My pc is not working,what does this mean can u help me

Interocitor2

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
Look up "reset/clear CMOS" in your motherboard manual. If you can't find it, take out the motherboard battery and put it back in. Then go into the BIOS and select "load failsafe settings"

Harshilvijay

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014

Well I just did what u said and it worked
Thanks