What happens when i reset pc

ft_layer

Prominent
Apr 25, 2017
So i just bought a ssd and i bought windows 10 pro (my previous windows 10 is pirated) if i reset my pc will the bios also reset ? because i already updated the bios
Thank you !!

Solution

NO, it will only reset windows. (setting -> update and security -> recovery)
it will remove everything but the windows itself and return windows to "pristine" condition.
(from my experience, it slower (took more time) then clean reinstall).

in your case i would recommend to do a clean reinstall instead of resetting the pc (windows)

if you do have a legit copy of windows 10 now the best thing to do if not already is to fully update windows 10 and if not already link it to a Microsoft account by adding it to windows 10. this way after you reinstall windows 10 you can log in with your MS account and it will activate over the internet.

usually though if you install windows 10 and activate it legally it will create an ID it sends to MS activation server so if you do a clean install of windows it should reactivate over the internet anyway.

bajgur

Reputable
Nov 29, 2016

NO, it will only reset windows. (setting -> update and security -> recovery)
it will remove everything but the windows itself and return windows to "pristine" condition.
(from my experience, it slower (took more time) then clean reinstall).

in your case i would recommend to do a clean reinstall instead of resetting the pc (windows)

Solution