What happens when my CPU overheats?

Andy0432

Honorable
Apr 9, 2014
What happens when my CPU overheats? Is there some sort of a automation program to automatically shut down the CPU? Whats the Max temperature a CPU can endure? What harm can an overheating CPU or any other component do? Thx everyone! :D
CPU: AMD FX-8320 clocked at 3.7 ghz

Solution
When it reaches a certain temperature, it will shout itself off, probably ending your pc in a blue screen or something like that. Though the temperature set to this trigger, is set very high, so your cpu won't be happy untill it gets hot enough to shutdown.

You should always keep your CPU under 75 celcius under load i would say. Don't overclock if you're using the stock cooler. you can get a CM 212 EVO at a very cheap price, which would handle small overclocks just fine or just run cooler & quieter if you're not overclocking.

NiCoM

Honorable
When it reaches a certain temperature, it will shout itself off, probably ending your pc in a blue screen or something like that. Though the temperature set to this trigger, is set very high, so your cpu won't be happy untill it gets hot enough to shutdown.

You should always keep your CPU under 75 celcius under load i would say. Don't overclock if you're using the stock cooler. you can get a CM 212 EVO at a very cheap price, which would handle small overclocks just fine or just run cooler & quieter if you're not overclocking.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS