[SOLVED] What happens when you inserted gpu but didnt plug the monitor on it?

Jan 18, 2020
i got a new gpu, and my monitor is old af that it uses vga. Is it possible to use the gpu without plugging the monitor at the back of it? Im not a tech guru guy so yeah just askin :)

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
Yeah my pc runs but my monitor doesnt display anything lol

I know this is a silly comment but you need to plug it either on the motherboard or GPU.

If motherboard, it will run the integrated graphics of the CPU. But take note not all CPU has integrated graphics.

If you're talking about compatibility, there's a lot of dirt cheap adapters there. Just buy one you can already use your old VGA cable.

Jan 18, 2020
I know this is a silly comment but you need to plug it either on the motherboard or GPU.

If motherboard, it will run the integrated graphics of the CPU. But take note not all CPU has integrated graphics.

If you're talking about compatibility, there's a lot of dirt cheap adapters there. Just buy one you can already use your old VGA cable.

Yeah yeah I ordered an adapter but it will take maybe several days. Got last question, will my pc run if the gpu is inserted in the motherboard and the monitor is plugged in at the cpu? I mean my pc runs I see the fans running but my monitor doesn’t display anything.

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
Yeah yeah I ordered an adapter but it will take maybe several days. Got last question, will my pc run if the gpu is inserted in the motherboard and the monitor is plugged in at the cpu? I mean my pc runs I see the fans running but my monitor doesn’t display anything.

You should remove the GPU while your adapter hasn't arrived yet. Integrated graphics is turned off when a GPU is inserted that's why you are receiving no signal. Please do that and let me know what happens.

Reactions: iamchandave