Question What hardware is broken? - HELP!!

SgtStiffler

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
Hi,

Over the past few months, my PC (which is quite old now, mostly assembled in 2014) has been having some crashes.

These weren't blue screens, they were hard crashes that required a hard reset. I tried reinstalling Windows, which seemed to make a difference when I did it. Strangely, the crashes would start and stop. It would crash constantly for a week, and not do it again for a few weeks.

Recently, I started to get these crashes again. However, this time as well, I would get some graphical glitches and the computer would slow down until I had to hard reset it.

I did the Windows 10 reset thing, but it crashed halfway through. Now, I cannot launch into Windows or anything. Most strangely, though, when I turn on my computer the BIOS logo is zoomed in/in a really small resolution. When it's like this, I cannot launch into the BIOS or the boot menu. If I leave the computer for a bit, I can get into the BIOS. But it is so strange that the BIOS launches in this small resolution.

So what is wrong? It could be the SSD, the graphics card, the motherboard? Really need help here. Thanks. Build is below.

CPU: AMD FX-8350
GPU: Nvidia GTX 670 4GB
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-FX990-UD3 (rev 3.0)
PSU: Corsair 750w
SSD: KIngston 250GB