Question What has been the most important news in terms of CPU this year?

Oct 17, 2019
Hello , everybody. Please, bear with me for a minute; it is the first time I ever post here, although I have been visiting this place for quite some time, hence I want to say hello to you all.

Now, I am currently carrying out a study about microprocessors in general, since they were first created, back in 1971 (the so called 4004 by Intel) until today; surely if anybody is curious or interested I can simply share it with you all.

Now once first things are talked, I would like to know your opinion on what has been the most important or decisive milestone this year.

Please, make this a brainstorm: any idea is purely welcomed. Share your thoughts, family.

Regards!!

Oct 17, 2019
Smaller transistor technology, more cores and less power requirements (and heat with it) for same or more work done.
That has been happening for quite some time to be decisive this year... I mean, progress is always good but as it is something constant (development will always be there) I wouldn't highlight it more than what it has already been highlighted. In fact, Tick-Tock model by Intel has been more important in the past than these days.

That has been happening for quite some time to be decisive this year... I mean, progress is always good but as it is something constant (development will always be there) I wouldn't highlight it more than what it has already been highlighted. In fact, Tick-Tock model by Intel has been more important in the past than these days.
There has been quite a jump in transistor technology used by AMD but it's far more than just that, circuit logic is also high on the list. There was no such jump since 8/16/32/64 bit changes. 3rd gen Ryzen brought everything new. Just moving to separate CCX chiplets and moving controller to separate chip opened chance for any number of cores to work in same package giving wider variety of CPUs to choose from, beyond mere binning process.

Reactions: Daezra

TRENDING THREADS