What has gone wrong in my computer?

TheRetroSlayer

Reputable
Mar 31, 2015
So yesterday I got home an went to turn on my PC and was greeted with a longer than normal boot which ended with AHCI Drive Init.. I hadn't blown the dust out of my PC in awhile so I did that today. The problem wasn't fixed. My comp takes awhile to start then shows Asus express gate like normal then shows me the number of cores activated on my cpu and boot options. Im not able to open any of the boot options, my keyboard isn't even being recognized. I've tried 3 keyboards without better results. Now I have a quad core CPU and normally it would tell me that 4 cores are activated, now it says only 3 are activated. Next it goes to scan for devices as says none found. It then goes to AHCI Drive Init and stays there. When I unplug my ssd it tells me that no operating system exists instead of the AHCI Drive Limit. Sorry about the block of text and errors as I typed this on my phone. Thank you for any help given!

My PC Specs

Operating System:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU:
AMD Phenom II X4 970
RAM:
8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard:
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A88TD-M/USB3 (AM3)
Monitors:
HF237 (1920x1080@60Hz)
PHILIPS (1280x720@60Hz)
Graphics:
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series (XFX Pine Group)
Hard Drives:
29.8GB Corsair CSSD-V32GB2 ATA Device (SSD)
699GB Seagate ST3750528AS ATA Device (SATA)
Optical Drives:
ATAPI iHES112 3 ATA Device

TheRetroSlayer

Reputable
Mar 31, 2015
When I do this with my SSD which has Windows on it, I get the message that no operating system is found instead of AHCI Drive Init. Nothing changes when I unplug my hard drive that I use to store games/music/etc.

TheRetroSlayer

Reputable
Mar 31, 2015
When I did this did you want me to take the battery out and leave it out? Or put it back in? I left it out and I was given the options to go to BIOS Setup, Boot Menu, etc, but when I pressed the designated key on my keyboard nothing happened.

UPDATE1: Eventually EZ Flash 2 opened and showed me my hard drives. My SSD is normally drive C and now my main hard drive that I use for games/music/etc is my drive C: My hard drive for games/music/etc is normally drive I. Does this mean that my SSD has been corrupted or died?