Question What has happened this time?

YeetusMcMeatus

Prominent
Apr 14, 2022
I once again have dealt with another BSOD but this time it is after I woke up my pc from it auto sleeping. I got an error from nvhda64v.sys
I checked WhoCrashed and it detected an error from NVIDIA HDMI Audio Driver. I checked to download it but its a driver from 2009.
I dont know much about drivers outside the usual GPU drivers so can anyone help me out here.
Dump File

YeetusMcMeatus

Prominent
Apr 14, 2022
You might want to update your nvidia drivers to the latest ones.
I did after I posted. My nvidia drivers were hardly outdated, it was the one from September 12th. Even though it's hardly outdated is it really possible that it still was the cause of the BSOD?

YeetusMcMeatus

Prominent
Apr 14, 2022
Version 22H2
OS build 19045.3448
Ryzen 5 3600
B450 Tomohawk (original)
2×8 gigabyte ddr4 corsair Vengeance lpx
Rtx 3050 8gb
Os is installed on a sata blue 500 gig ssd

Oct 2, 2023
Try safe boot and tell me if its working. Then enable safe boot with networking, download nvidia geforce application, update your drivers (game or studio) with clean install enabled.

Oct 2, 2023
Try safe boot and tell me if its working. Then enable safe boot with networking, download nvidia geforce application, update your drivers (game or studio) with clean install enabled.
Else just manually find your driver from the nvidia site and install it.

Oct 2, 2023
I installed it using GeForce experience. Or is it better to use the install from the website?
No difference except that geforce experience is an application which is more like a continous auto update kind of thing with optimizer whereas official drivers are a one-time thing with nothing else. Try the official one with clean install enabled.