What Has Happened

Suddenly my Norton anti virus is messed up Auto protect won't turn on and
my e mail scan says error. I can't seem to change either of those settings
now I click on enable for auto protect but nothing happens. If i go into
options and check it,if i closethat box and re open it..It is unchecked
again

You need to navigate to the Symantec website and use the diagnostic tools in
the support section to determine how to fix this problem.

<fitz773@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Suddenly my Norton anti virus is messed up Auto protect won't turn on and
> my e mail scan says error. I can't seem to change either of those settings
> now I click on enable for auto protect but nothing happens. If i go into
> options and check it,if i closethat box and re open it..It is unchecked
> again

Hello,

You might have gotten a virus that killed your Norton. I would recommend
trying to get the latest virus definitions and boot into safe mode and scan
it.

Michael Ortega

<fitz773@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Suddenly my Norton anti virus is messed up Auto protect won't turn on and
> my e mail scan says error. I can't seem to change either of those settings
> now I click on enable for auto protect but nothing happens. If i go into
> options and check it,if i closethat box and re open it..It is unchecked
> again

<fitz773@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Suddenly my Norton anti virus is messed up Auto protect won't turn on and
>my e mail scan says error. I can't seem to change either of those settings
>now I click on enable for auto protect but nothing happens. If i go into
>options and check it,if i closethat box and re open it..It is unchecked
>again

Possibly a virus got past your Norton between the updates.

Do a free online virus scan at one of the following sites:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/home.asp?productid=symhome&langid=ie&venid=sym&close_parent=true&bhcp=1

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada