What Have You Done to Your Computer to Ensure You Get the Highest FPS Possible?

Kybz

Reputable
Jul 11, 2014
What are the best things you can do to get the maximum fps possible in a game?/ How to get the most optimized build?

I want to get the maximum fps possible in my games. Some things are obvious such as turning down graphics settings. But what things have you tried that made your fps go higher? I know I'm not gonna suddenly get 60fps any game, but I'd be grateful for an extra 5-6 fps.

So: What have you done to your computer to ensure you get the highest fps?

Things like using: Razer Cortex, or deleting extra tasks etc...

Turn down settings.
Overclock.

that's about it. Most games when it comes to the MAX FPS are limited by the GPU. So it's overclock it to make it run faster.

Defraging, and all that crap isn't going to get you any more FPS. Disabling a million services isn't going to do much. More GPU=more FPS in most cases.

Sometimes games are more CPU dependant, but normally it's GPU so stopping background stuff doesn't help much and a lot of time registry hacks, disabling this or that, can do more harm than good for a system.

As getochkn said, most gaming systems are limited by GPU power. Getting a better GPU or overclocking the GPU can get FPS, as can better cooling if you are getting thermal throttling on the GPU. For the few CPU limited games, overclocking, faster memory, and faster CPU help.

The rest is only worth it if you are a fanatic and most of it gets you very little.