[SOLVED] What hdmi cable can the MSI Rtx 2060 GPU use

Aug 20, 2020
So I have the MSI Rtx 2060 but it came with a DisplayPort instead of a hdmi which I need hdmi cable so can I buy any hdmi cable on the internet and it would work with my GPU like any kind of hdmi cable from amazon like does this matter

Solution
So I have the MSI Rtx 2060 but it came with a DisplayPort instead of a hdmi which I need hdmi cable so can I buy any hdmi cable on the internet and it would work with my GPU like any kind of hdmi cable from amazon like does this matter

Any brand of HDMI cable will do. Just dont buy the cheapest one you can because build quality DOES matter for the longevity of the cable.

Off topic but, I would try to upgrade your monitor to a monitor that supports DP. The 2060 can push over 144 fps on A LOT of games with the right settings and if you ever wanted to be able to actually SEE the higher fps your gpu is capable of displaying, you will need to use DP. High fps is not supported by HDMI. Which would mean a new, high 144hz monitor with...

Any brand of HDMI cable will do. Just dont buy the cheapest one you can because build quality DOES matter for the longevity of the cable.

Off topic but, I would try to upgrade your monitor to a monitor that supports DP. The 2060 can push over 144 fps on A LOT of games with the right settings and if you ever wanted to be able to actually SEE the higher fps your gpu is capable of displaying, you will need to use DP. High fps is not supported by HDMI. Which would mean a new, high 144hz monitor with a DP.

Solution
Aug 20, 2020

Off topic but, I would try to upgrade your monitor to a monitor that supports DP. The 2060 can push over 144 fps on A LOT of games with the right settings and if you ever wanted to be able to actually SEE the higher fps your gpu is capable of displaying, you will need to use DP. High fps is not supported by HDMI. Which would mean a new, high 144hz monitor with a DP.
Ty so any brand of hdmi will do and this question was for a friend I am actually giving him my rtx 2060 but he only has a monitor with a hdmi port instead of a DisplayPort so I guess Any hdmi cable will do thank you

Reactions: Jason H.