[SOLVED] What i have to do??

Oct 25, 2020
Hey guys!i have a questions....i want to buy a gpu for my ryzen 3200g,but i read some post about buying a gpu on a apu is not good.So is it good to
just buy a new cpu like ryzen 2600 and buy a gpu for that?and if i buy a new cpu should i buy another motherboard?because my motherboard is
asus A320m-k.is it good for the upgrade or i better upgrade for better mobo?and whats the best pair gpu for 2600?

Solution
Is it worth it to buy a gpu for my ryzen 3200g?o should i have to buy other cpu's like the ryzen 5 2600?and if it was worth it to buy a gpu for ryzen what kind of gpu i have to buy?i was planning to buy like a cheap/mid range gpu for my setup
AMD Rx 570/580 Or GTX 1650/1660 would fall in that category and give you a good performance boost in graphic department while not braking the bank. 3200g would work well with any of them. Because APU uses up to 2GB of RAM so changing to discrete GPU would release that RAM for programs' use.
3200g has decent single core performance but has only 4 cores/threads which is just about minimum for harder games.
R5 2600 has 6 cores and 12 threads diving better multi core performance but their...
Hey guys!i have a questions....i want to buy a gpu for my ryzen 3200g,but i read some post about buying a gpu on a apu is not good.So is it good to
just buy a new cpu like ryzen 2600 and buy a gpu for that?and if i buy a new cpu should i buy another motherboard?because my motherboard is
asus A320m-k.is it good for the upgrade or i better upgrade for better mobo?and whats the best pair gpu for 2600?
R5 2600 will work good enough in that MB but using an APU with a dedicated GPU is not problem either.

Oct 25, 2020
R5 2600 will work good enough in that MB but using an APU with a dedicated GPU is not problem either.
Is it worth it to buy a gpu for my ryzen 3200g?o should i have to buy other cpu's like the ryzen 5 2600?and if it was worth it to buy a gpu for ryzen what kind of gpu i have to buy?i was planning to buy like a cheap/mid range gpu for my setup

AMD Rx 570/580 Or GTX 1650/1660 would fall in that category and give you a good performance boost in graphic department while not braking the bank. 3200g would work well with any of them. Because APU uses up to 2GB of RAM so changing to discrete GPU would release that RAM for programs' use.
3200g has decent single core performance but has only 4 cores/threads which is just about minimum for harder games.
R5 2600 has 6 cores and 12 threads diving better multi core performance but their usage depends on programs/games configuration so might be better with some but not all.
As all those parts would work with your MB, I'd suggest you upgrade GPU first and see how it goes because it's your weakest link.

Last edited:
Solution
Ive always thought APU's were a good option to start from and slowly upgrade your system around it overtime. I started off with a 3400G which was great for what I needed it for, then I saved up and bought an RX570, then 6 months later I upgraded my CPU to a 3600X and then finally I got an RTX 2060. APU's are good too if your GPU fails, it's always good to know you can fall back on the APU.

Reactions: mermalaid
Oct 25, 2020
R5 2600 has 6 cores and 12 threads diving better multi core performance but their usage depends on programs/games configuration so might be better with some but not all.
As all those parts would work with your MB, I'd suggest you upgrade GPU first and see how it goes because it's your weakest link.
But whats the difference between the 2 gpu?what should i buy?the rx because my cpu is amd or i go on gtx??i just want to play my games in like medium/not so high settings and for my illustrations and 3d art.

But whats the difference between the 2 gpu?what should i buy?the rx because my cpu is amd or i go on gtx??i just want to play my games in like medium/not so high settings and for my illustrations and 3d art.
All of those are in about same performance range, AMD may be slightly cheaper though. Doesn't matter which type of CPU, Intel or AMD, all would work same with either one.
illustrations and 3d art are mostly CPU bound unless you have professional grade GPUs dedicated to graphic design and work with programs that support them.

Reactions: mermalaid
Oct 25, 2020
All of those are in about same performance range, AMD may be slightly cheaper though. Doesn't matter which type of CPU, Intel or AMD, all would work same with either one.
illustrations and 3d art are mostly CPU bound unless you have professional grade GPUs dedicated to graphic design and work with programs that support them.
So meaning its not necessary between whether what i will buy on the 2 brands right?its just the amd ones is cheaper.but is it reliable in the future games or i should stick on nvidia?

Oct 25, 2020
Ive always thought APU's were a good option to start from and slowly upgrade your system around it overtime. I started off with a 3400G which was great for what I needed it for, then I saved up and bought an RX570, then 6 months later I upgraded my CPU to a 3600X and then finally I got an RTX 2060. APU's are good too if your GPU fails, it's always good to know you can fall back on the APU.
Is the apu will still run if i have a gpu or it will become useless?

What is your power supply brand and model, budget for the video card and what resolution and hz is your monitor? Higher end and "future" games will need a higher end video card. For a card now the 1660 Super is probably the best 1080 card for lasting several years that is not very expensive.

Oct 25, 2020
What is your power supply brand and model, budget for the video card and what resolution and hz is your monitor? Higher end and "future" games will need a higher end video card. For a card now the 1660 Super is probably the best 1080 card for lasting several years that is not very expensive.
Yeah that is my another questions about my psu because i have a generic psu only and wanting to buy a good psu but idk how to choose from and idk how to calculate my wattage accurately so can you give me some pointers and ideas on how to buy a good psu? My budget on gpu is around like 150-200 and i think on the 200 i will get on psu so what can you advice on me?