[SOLVED] What if I delete whole c disk

spicelol

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 12, 2019
I wanted to know will I be able to install windows 10 Pro on disk if I will delete every file that c disk has or will It just die

Išsiųsta naudojantis POT-LX1 Tapatalk 4 Lt

Solution
the bootable installer, when at the point of you telling it where to install WIndows a few steps into the pre-install process, will give you the option of selecting assorted partitions for deletion. (previous MBR installations will normally show 3 created partitions) GIven only one large non-allocated space, the system will automatically do a quick format and start over.

(I've not actually tried deleting/formatting C: partitions from within the active WIndows installation, but, I'd assume it would not allow that)
the bootable installer, when at the point of you telling it where to install WIndows a few steps into the pre-install process, will give you the option of selecting assorted partitions for deletion. (previous MBR installations will normally show 3 created partitions) GIven only one large non-allocated space, the system will automatically do a quick format and start over.

(I've not actually tried deleting/formatting C: partitions from within the active WIndows installation, but, I'd assume it would not allow that)

Solution

popatim

Titan
On the 'Where do you want to install to" screen; click the drive options link and delete all the partitions on the drive and then click Next. Windows will do the rest.

Be sure to only have the drive you want to boot/ have the OS installed on connected. All other drives should be disconnected.

USAFRet

Titan
Section II, Step 6 & 7 outline how to remove everything from the existing drive.