What if I ignore New CPU installed…message

Jun 4, 2018
Hi,

The specification of my desktop computer is as

Processor: AMD FX-8320, Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 (AMD 970 Chipset), RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury, HD: 1TB WD Black and SMPS: CoolerMaster 650W

Due to some issue, the processor was replaced by the AMD. After installing the new processor (FX-8320), I see an error message during POST:

New CPU installed! Please enter setup to configure your system. Press F1 to Run SETUP

After pressing F1, I press F8 for Boot Menu, then I select P3:WDC.. (Hard Drive)

Then Windows login screen appears. I saved booting priority by F10. However, after every restart, I need to follow these steps after pressing F1.

I replaced onboard 3V battery and discussed with ASUS also. I have gone through all possible troubleshooting steps with the guidance of ASUS. The BIOS of motherboard is already updated. However, I re-flashed the BIOS and I selected default loading.

At the end issue is not resolved and ASUS says, this issue is because of motherboard so disable Wait for 'F1' If Error and continue to use.

I know disabling Wait for 'F1' If Error is not the solution of this problem. It is just ignoring the error message.

Please let me know, if I ignore the error message, is there any possibility of further hardware issue? And if I continue by ignoring this error message, what precautions do I need to take to avoid further hardware issue?

With Regards
FewL

Jun 4, 2018

Once again I brief what I did to fix this issue.
1. Cleared CMOS using jumper.
2. Replaced CMOS onboard 3V battery.
3. Uninstalled and Reinstalled the Processor.
4. Selected Hard Drive in the 1st Boot Priority and saved settings with F10.
5. Loaded default setting.
6. As per the link https://www.asus.com/in/Motherboards/M5A97/HelpDesk_Download the latest BIOS version is 1605 (released on 31.10.2012). Already motherboard BIOS was updated and latest (1605). However, I re-flashed. After re-flashing, loaded default settings. In default settings mode, I selected Hard Drive in the 1st Boot Priority and saved settings with F10. After restart, I see the same message (New CPU installed! Please enter setup to configure your system. Press F1 to Run SETUP).
7. I discussed with ASUS. ASUS says, there is some issue in the motherboard. That’s why it’s not saving the settings. And ASUS suggested, disable Wait for 'F1' If Error and continue to use.
Now please let me know what new steps should I go through to resolved this issue or
let me know, if I continue to use after disabling Wait for 'F1' If Error, is there any possibility or risk of further hardware issue?