[SOLVED] What if i install windows 11 on unsupported pc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
If you like the appearance of the old windows 7, then install a free app called "windows classic shell"

The scheduler function of windows 11 will be most applicable to the new 12th gen intel processors with big/little cores.

I would delay windows 11 as long as I can; new operating versions are bound to have glitches.

bobbogart

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
I built a new Intel i5 11400 machine and did clean install of W11 just fine. Cloned the hard drive. Stuck the hard drive in my old W10 Intel machine that did not meet any of the install requirements - cpu did not pass, TPM did not pass etc. Booted without even a second thought. Runs great.

USAFRet

Titan
I built a new Intel i5 11400 machine and did clean install of W11 just fine. Cloned the hard drive. Stuck the hard drive in my old W10 Intel machine that did not meet any of the install requirements - cpu did not pass, TPM did not pass etc. Booted without even a second thought. Runs great.
You lucked out on 2 counts:
  1. Running it on an unsupported system. Was this the actual release version or a Dev/Beta version?
  2. Cloning and having it run on completely different hardware. That often fails, no matter what Windows OS you're working with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS