Question What if I use a gaming monitor connected via HDMI to my gaming laptop?

HeartsbaneCut

Prominent
Jan 28, 2021
I own an Asus TUF A15 Gaming Laptop (RTX 2060, 1920x1080p screen). I was wondering if I buy an Asus TUF VG32VQ1BR Curved Gaming Monitor – 31.5 inch WQHD (2560x1440) and connect it via HDMI with my laptop, will it enhance the visuals of my gameplay? Is it feasible? Will I face any delays or any other problems in gaming?

I own an Asus TUF A15 Gaming Laptop (RTX 2060, 1920x1080p screen). I was wondering if I buy an Asus TUF VG32VQ1BR Curved Gaming Monitor – 31.5 inch WQHD (2560x1440) and connect it via HDMI with my laptop, will it enhance the visuals of my gameplay? Is it feasible? Will I face any delays or any other problems in gaming?
A 2060 is close to my 1080 in performance, comparing desktop parts anyway. Laptop GPUs are usually downclocked for thermal control though. My 1080 can play a lot of games at 1440p DSR no problem. To get an accurate idea of what 1440p gaming will be like on your system, you could always try enabling 1440 DSR via NCP.

You just need to open up Nvidia Control Panel, go to DSR factors in the Global Settings under 3D Management, then check all the boxes shown under DSR Factors, then save. You should then see a lot of higher DSR resolution options in your games that weren't there before. This will provide similar look and performance of actual 1440p gaming.

That said, 1440p is going to look sharper on your small laptop screen than it will on the much larger monitor, but how far you sit away from the monitor will determine how much sharper. It's wise to do a DSR simulation test before spending ANY money on a higher res display though, especially with a laptop since many don't allow GPU upgrades.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roland Of Gilead